Monday, August 08, 2005

Serendipity, chance meetings and other stories

I don't know if it's just me, but I seem to consistently bump into a lot of people I used to know completely out of the blue.

A couple of weeks back, I was due to go to my friend's house for dinner after work. She bailed out of cooking me dinner (which is a shame, because she's a fantastic cook) so she took me for dinner at Brown's instead. I've never been before and it's a great place. No sooner had we sat down for dinner, but James, a photographer, whom I hadn't seen in at least 7 or 8 years, came in and sat at the table next to us. Of course I went over and had a good catch up with him which was lovely. And I thought not much more of it.

Then at the weekend, I went to Fruitstock in Regent's Park - a fabulous free festival from the people who bring us Innocent Fruit Smoothies. I ended up going along later than planned with my friend Sarah. We were just walking up to the main festival when I bumped into Jane Cooney who I used to work with at Episode in their flagship store in Knightsbridge. Now I haven't seen her for 12 years. She's gone from retail to motherhood (3 very gorgeous children) and is now a swimming teacher.

And then on my way home from Fruitstock, I decided to walk from Tooting Broadway tube up to my house as it was a nice evening (I usually get a bus or a taxi). So again, not my normal route and I bump into Liam from Streatham who was my ex boyf's best friend whom I haven't seen in at least 10 years.

Does this stuff happen to anyone else or is it just me whose past comes back and bites her on the bum?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.