In my capacity as co-organiser of Mobile Monday London , I thought it might be worth telling you about an event we’re supporting. It’s NN4D with their upcoming developer day on 8 June in London. It’s free to attend, but registration is required: http://www.nn4d.com/site/global/market/developerday/p_devday.jsp/. This is a unique opportunity and the first time the NN4D team have brought developer days to Europe. They’ve just had a great developer day with Mobile Monday Tel Aviv so let’s make sure this is a great one too.
The reason why I think you might be interested is because there are genuine business opportunities by working with NAVTEQ and the people who make the decisions will be there on Wednesday. If location (and we’re not just talking mapping here) is part of what you do, then these are the people to talk to with their enormous channel partner network, access to the right people at the right time and help with the technical details, marketing, distribution and more, this is a good opportunity to make friends and make a difference to your business. That’s why I’m going. Oh, and there will be plenty of technical sessions too if that’s what you’re after.
- Learn directly from NAVTEQ and our partners Nokia, Samsung, Orange, Blue Via, deCarta and more about their map data and partner APIs to quickly apply your skills to create the most compelling location-based mobile apps
- Listen to developers share their lessons learned
- Explore augmented reality and next-generation technologies for location-based 3D apps and games
- Learn about free technical support, free marketing support and free business development opportunities to meet global channel partners (this is the most interesting bit for me – the opportunities are very real and are there for the asking and can make a real difference to your business)
- Network with peers, meet experts and discover how to get your app in front of potential customers and industry influencers
- Participate in a Lucky Draw to win an iPad and other prizes and giveaways
Learn about the latest developments and innovation in location through case studies, interactive panel discussions and unique networking opportunities. Meet the people who matter both on the business side and the technical side. They will be out in force to help you.
Find out what the global opportunity is for location-based applications and how NAVTEQ data can help you differentiate your applications. Discover how the NAVTEQ Network for Developers (NN4D) can assist you every step of the way, from building your app straight through to business development and marketing and help you meet global channel partners. And all this is offered free. They will never ask for a penny from you in fees or in revenue share. Ever.
The technical portions of the day focus on APIs and SDKs that enable both mainstream location-based apps and services, and next-generation technologies for location-based 3D apps and games.Learn how to get started creating location enabled mobile apps from partners, such as Nokia, Samsung and deCarta who will introduce you to their APIs.
The day is suitable for both business people making decisions about mobile apps and services and how they can be distributed and marketed and also developers and coders who need to know more about the nitty gritty of the technical detail. The full agenda is here: http://www.nn4d.com/site/global/market/developerday/agenda2/p_agenda2.jsp
Where is it?
Dexter House, 2 Royal Mint Court, Tower Hill, London EC3N 4QN – nearest tube is Tower Hill map.
The event is co-located with Mobile Apps World and there are discounts available to attend that if you wish.
When is it?
Wednesday 8 June 2011 – registration opens at 8.30am and the day will finish around 5.30pm.
The NAVTEQ® Developer Day is free of charge but you must pre-register. Please RSVP here: http://www.nn4d.com/site/global/market/developerday/p_devday.jsp
See you there next week!