EventsI have been producing events of all kinds since I was a teenager - firstly putting on productions as part of my 7-year stint at youth theatre and in the last 16 years, I've run a variety of events from small-scale dinners to large scale hackathons and conferences and much in between mostly in and around the mobile and media sectors which is where I have focused my consulting and research over the last 16 years. I can help you curate or produce or promote your events (provided there's a good fit for me and for my audience) or you can sponsor one of mine if you want to reach people working in and around the mobile sector.
Events I run regularly include:
- Swedish Beers Mobile Networking (annual in Barcelona since 2006, once or twice a year in London since 2001, other cities/countries by arrangement)
- Heroes of the Mobile Fringe Festival in Barcelona (annual since 2012)
- Heroes of the Mobile Fringe Festival in Leeds (hoping to make it an annual thing)
- Annual Ladies Lunch in Barcelona for women working in mobile since 2006
Other events and initiatives I have experience in producing, curating and facilitating:
- Festivals - I curated and produced Hacklands Festival 2015
- Hackathons - I was co-producer for Over The Air in 2010 and have supported several third party hackathons since then
- Conferences - I produced and curated Heroes of the Mobile Screen Conference at the BFI in 2009
- Future of Work Open Space events in London Autumn/Winter 2015
- I produced and curated a series of discussion salons about Artificial Intelligence with James Tagg, author and co-founder of Truphone. These were held in Mountain View, New York and Los Angeles
- Private networking dinners for senior execs in media and advertising in London & Barcelona including finding speakers and locations
- Planning, curation, production and distribution of podcasts
- Improvisation skills workshops
- Vodafone Mobile Clicks Awards (UK)
- Vodafone Foundation Smart Accessibility Awards (UK)
I have my own email database of potential attendees, a strong social network and good online presence to support the marketing of my own and third party events.
Sponsorship starts at £500 depending on the size and scope of the event.
Consultancy rates for production, curation or marketing vary between £600 and £1000 a day, depending on your needs and the time commitment.
Please contact me to discuss.
Public speaking, panel moderation, facilitation and conference chairI've been a regular speaker on the mobile and media circuit for 10 years or more and it's something I enjoy. I've spoken at events in the US, Spain, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Estonia, Lithuania, Germany, The Netherlands, The Czech Republic, Austria and the UK. I also really enjoy moderating panels and podcasts and chairing conferences or events. I've appeared on Al Jazeera global TV news several times as one of their mobile experts and have participated in podcasts for The Guardian.
There are a range of topics I can cover but have a particular interest in mobile media owners and what they're up to, the future of mobile advertising, a history of mobile advertising and marketing, the impact and ethics of artificial intelligence.
Rates from £500 + expenses. Please contact me to discuss.
Consultancy ServicesI provide bespoke consultancy on a range of subjects including:
- Briefing and facilitating senior teams about trends and technologies that will impact them
- Mobile strategy development
- Mobile app and service creation workshops
- Innovation workshops
- Event planning, curation and production
- Competitor analysis
- Advisor and Mentor to mobile start-ups
- Open space facilitation
This isn't something I've done very much of, but since I've been writing this blog for more than 10 years now maybe it's about time I did the odd sponsored article or two.
If you have a relevant article which you would like me to share with my readers, I will happily consider it for publication. Here's the deal:
- I will write up to 400 words with photos and media supplied by you for £250.
- If you want me to do a copy/paste job with your words and content, then I don't do that. I will always write in my own style.
- I'm sometimes happy to review interesting gadgets in return for keeping the kit - it really depends on what the gadget is and if it's something I can genuinely review. You do not get any editorial control over the content but you can supply official images, videos and the like for use in the article.
- All sponsored posts will be marked as such. This is to comply with current UK legislation.
Reproduction of my contentI charge £100 for this or payment in kind.
If you would like to reuse my content on your website or in your print publication, please respect my copyright and contact me before republishing. My usual fee is £100 (as at August 2016) for republication on a single site or single printed publication. In some circumstances, I also accept payment in kind, such as an annual subscription for a publication, gift vouchers for a store, a copy of the book you're writing etc. Please contact me to discuss.
Bespoke writingI have written reports, essays, articles, training courses and even a whole book about mobile marketing for a client in the past. Rates start at £300 for a bespoke article or adaption of one of my blog posts for your publication. Consultancy rates will apply for longer-form content.
Contact me to discuss.
Saying thank youOf course, not everything I do is for money. If you've enjoyed what I've written, enjoyed attending or participating in one of my events, please feel free to drop me a line to say thank you. I very often work alone from home so it is easy to feel isolated and think that there is no-one out there.
I like what you do so much that I really want to support you.If that's the case, then that's great! I can always use an Amazon Gift Card of any value. I'm also happy to receive a gift card for Marks & Spencer or eBay.
You can also send me money on PayPal.
I've also just set up Patreon so you can support my writing that way too with a monthly subscription starting at $1.50 per month. Every little helps as they say!
Thanking you in advance and look forward to working with you in the future.