Friday, August 05, 2005

Land Rover backs new Range Rover with mobile game

Another bit of news via Brand Republic - Land Rover has teamed up with Blue Sphere Games to create a Range Rover driving game. Looks like a pretty good game to me and an innovative way to market your product. So I thought I'd check it out and test the game for myself.

But just a minute, this isn't for marketing. This is a licensing deal and Blue Sphere Games is selling the game via its distribution network. And that it's going to be distributed via the network operators who will promote it 'as they see fit' and there will be an internet campaign run in-house by the games company.

So I thought I'd check it out still and see how much it was selling for and where it was available. Except that it's not for sale yet and I can't see anywhere that it's available. I tried various sites: Land Rover, Blue Sphere Games, various mobile content companies and a couple of network operators. And I couldn't see hide nor hair of the game.

Joined up marketing? I don't think so. Shame, this one could have been so good and a real chance to show how creating mobile media can be an integral part of your marketing effort. Or maybe I'm being a little harsh and the press release went out too early...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:18 am BST

    Hello Technokitten,

    Just so you're aware you can now buy the game at Partymob.com. Other mobile content sellers will be listing it as soon as their processes allow.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.