Friday, July 22, 2005

MTV and Motorola offering free mobile content

From Brand Republic:

Motorola and MTV have got together to provide MTV fans with free mobile content. The only charges to the user will be their data charges from their network operator. To try it for yourself, go to MTV Load.

This is a wap-based service (and you can opt to get a wap push message from the MTV load site - which I did and it was super-fast). From my testing this morning, it seems to be a relatively good site - the charges are made clear, there's a variety of content available (although there are some links not live yet) and I've been able to download stuff to my lowly Sony Ericsson K700i very easily. Although I haven't been able to view or download any of the video clips (even though my phone's pretty good on video as it happens). It keeps telling me there's a communication error.

But I really like the concept and I'm interested to see how or if they build on customer relationships using this facility. I'll keep you updated. Oh and the picture is an example of the free content available. Although they call this a MMS - dunno why - it looks like an animated picture to me and when downloaded goes straight into my picture folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it clean please. Spam will be removed. And thank you for taking the trouble to read and comment. I appreciate it.